Login to your EndNote account and keep the tab open.
- Exporting a Single Citation for an Article
- Instead of going straight to the full text PDF or HTML of an article click on the title to open the Detailed Record*
- On the right of the screen is a list of tools. Select the icon.
- Choose Direct Export to EndNote Web and click Save.
*The Detailed Record provides bibliographic information, an abstract, and subject terms for articles.
Creating a Bibliography
Imported citations can be organized into groups (e.g., citations for a specific paper).
- All imported citations will be listed under My References
- Check each citation you want to group together
- Under the Add to Group dropdown box either create a new group or add to an existing group
To generate a bibliography:
- Select bibliography under the main Format tab at the top
- Under References select the appropriate group
- Under Bibliographic style select your citation format
- Under File format select either html, plain text, or rich text
- Save, e-mail, or print (or copy and paste the bibliography into your paper)