MS Word 2010, 2013, and 2016: Add a Citation and Create a Bibliography
With Microsoft Word 2013 you can create and insert citations and bibliographies for APA 6th edition and Chicago 16th edition into your document by utilizing the References tools.
For more detailed instruction see this how to article from Microsoft Office, "Create a Bibliography"
These are the basic steps:
- At the top of a MS Word document, in the toolbar, click References
- Select citation Style
- Click at the place in the text where you want to add the citation
- Click Insert Citation
- Select either Add New Source or Add New Placeholder if you want to add the source information later
- Fill in the source information
- Once you have added the citations you can create the Bibliography
- Go to the end of your paper where you want to insert the bibliography
- Under the References tab, click Bibliography
- Select a format and click Insert bibliography