The library gratefully accepts donations which are in consonance with established collection guidelines designed to support teaching, research, and scholarship relevant to special operations and military science.
- All materials, print or audio-visual, should be in excellent condition (e.g., free of highlighting, broken spines, scratched disks, etc.).
- Donated items must align with the scope of the library's collection and are subject to evaluation by a librarian to determine appropriateness for inclusion.
- The library will not accept items in poor condition, textbooks, back issues of periodicals, or outmoded formats of media such as VHS or CD-ROM. Duplicate copies are typically not accepted unless it can be used as a replacement for an item in poor condition.
- Materials donated become the sole property of the JSOU Library which reserves the right to determine all matters related to retention, location, cataloging, and disposition.
- Rare materials related to Special Operations are of particular interest and may be eligible for inclusion in the library's Special Collections & Archives.
- The library cannot appraise the value of any donations.
- Items purchased with government funds must be refused or returned to the donor if it cannot be included in the library collection.