The library gratefully accepts donations which are in consonance with established collection guidelines designed to support teaching, research, and scholarship relevant to special operations and military science.
- All materials, print or audio-visual, should be in excellent condition (e.g., free of highlighting, broken spines, scratched disks, etc.).
- Donated items must align with the scope of the library's collection and are subject to evaluation by a librarian to determine appropriateness for inclusion.
- The library will not accept items in poor condition, textbooks, back issues of periodicals, or outmoded formats of media such as VHS or CD-ROM. Duplicate copies are typically not accepted unless it can be used as a replacement for an item in poor condition.
- Materials donated become the sole property of the USSOCOM Library which reserves the right to determine all matters related to retention, location, cataloging, and disposition.
- Rare materials related to Special Operations are of particular interest and may be eligible for inclusion in the library's Special Collections & Archives.
- The library cannot appraise the value of any donations.
- Items purchased with government funds must be refused or returned to the donor if it cannot be included in the library collection.
It is advised that prospective donors consult with library staff prior to making a gift.