Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Conference Room 1011 Policy
The conference room has a seating capacity of 8 and is equipped with:
- 1 NIPRnet laptop, which can be projected on to a large wall monitor
- NIPRnet VTC capability
- An unclassified phone
- 3 microphones
- Whiteboards and dry erase markers
All AV/VTC requirements must be submitted online via the JSOU portal using the Submit AV/VTC Support form. Report equipment problems directly to 813-826-5768.
AV/VTC requirements are not the responsibility of library staff.
II. GENERAL POLICIES
- The conference room is available to current command members, JSOU faculty, staff, and students Monday through Friday, 0700-1600, excluding holidays and special events which might affect library hours.
- Swipe access to the Conference Room requires a JSOU badge.
- Un-cleared personnel must check in at the JSOU Security Desk and receive a visitor badge which must be worn at all times in the library and JSOU facility.
- Personal Electronic Devices (any non-government issued USB drives, phones, tablets, iPods, computers) are prohibited throughout the JSOU facility, including the library. Government issued external drives that have been plugged into NIPRnet computers cannot be plugged into the commercial laptops and vice versa.
- Unattended personal belongings or library materials will be removed.
- If you use the whiteboards and do not wish for them to be erased, write UNCLASSIFIED on the boards affected and let a library staff member know.
- In accordance with JSOU security rules, all individuals are responsible for disposing of their own trash and shredding any paper. Please use the shredder near the Circulation Desk to shred any paper. A small trash can is provided just outside the Conference Room, but users of the Conference Room must dispose of trash and replace the trash bag.
- Respect for those studying and conducting research in the library should be observed at all times. To minimize noise disruption, the meeting room door should not be propped open, and the sound volume for media kept at an intermediate level. It is expected that groups entering and leaving the library meeting spaces interact with low voice levels.
III. CLASSIFICATION/CLEARANCE LEVEL
The conference room is cleared at the unclassified level. No classified material can be opened up and no classified discussions should occur inside the library.
IV. FOOD AND DRINK POLICY
To minimize the risk of damage to materials, furnishings, and equipment, food and drinks are permitted in the library only under limited conditions. Beverages in covered containers and small items of packaged food may be taken to study areas. No food or drink is permitted near library computers.
Reserving the Conference Room
To reserve the Conference Room, please contact the Library (2 days advanced notice is advised):
Reservations can be made in hourly increments.
If after 15 minutes a group fails to appear, the reservation can be canceled by Library Staff and scheduled for another group.
If the room is unreserved, it may be used by a group on a first-come, first-served basis.
Since meetings are often back-to-back, your meeting must end at the scheduled end time of your reservation.
Due to high demand for use of this space, please notify library staff of cancelations as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com.